Saturday 17 September 2011

The History of EXCEL-lence

Early last month, I decided to put my Microsoft Excel skills to use, and start up my own little area of the internet, helping people and businesses with Excel.

The tasks that I had to overcome initially were:-

What would I call my website, I used a (shameful) play on words and came up with EXCEL-lence.

I searched to see if this domain was available, and it was (Woop woop) so I decided to host the (cheaper) .info version.

You can visit the website here: http://www.excel-lence.info/

After researching on Google how to improve my website ranking, I wondered whether .info would rank as high as an identical .com or .co.uk and it turns out - given good site content, google views all these web extensions equally...

So I got to work in building my website, and making it look professional while thinking of ways to generate revenue and perhaps, one day..  be able to call it my little success story..

No comments:

Post a Comment